Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"PAPWORTH EVERARD is a parish, on the road from Royston to Huntingdon and on the borders of Huntingdonshire, 6 miles south-east from Huntingdon station on the main line of the London and North Eastern railway, 6 south-west from St. Ives and 8 east from St. Neots, in the hundred of Papworth, petty sessional division of Caxton, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The Papworth Village Settlement is for people suffering from tuberculosis. Messrs. Tamplin Brothers and W. G. Jessop esq. are the principal landowners. The soil is heavy clay; subsoil, blue gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,157 acres; the population in 1921 was 338.
By Local Government Board Order No. 47,219, which came into operation Oct. 8th, 1904, part of Papworth St. Agnes was transferred to Papworth Everard."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]