"PAPWORTH EVERARD, (erroneously Papworth St. Everard)a parish in the hundred of Papworth, county Cambridge, 1 mile south of Papworth St. Agnes, and 3 miles north by west of Caxton. St. Ives is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The surface is undulating, and well wooded with oak timber. The land is chiefly arable, with a small proportion of pasture and woodland. The soil is clayey. The old north road to Huntingdon passes through the parish. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £187 10s., and the glebe contains 23 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £173, in the patronage of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and was once larger than at present. The register dates from 1695. There is a school for both sexes. Papworth Hall is the principal residence.