[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"RAMPTON is a parish, 3½ miles east from Oakington station on the St. Ives and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 7 north from Cambridge, in the hundred of Northstow, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stow and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The County Council are the chief landowners. The soil is very heavy subsoil, blue clay. The land is in excellent cultivation. producing good crops of wheat, barley, beans and peas The area is 1,372 acres; the population in 1921 was 229. By Local Government Board Order No. 15,898 (March 25, 1884), a part of Willingham parish, known as Hallowmas, was transferred to Rampton. The enclosure of the common lands was effected in 1852."