[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"SAWSTON, a parish in the hundred of WHITTLESFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (W. N. W.) from Linton, containing 699 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £13. 10. 2., endowed with £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of. R. Huddleston, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Independents."