GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

SHUDY-CAMPS

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"SHUDY-CAMPS, a parish in the hundred of Chilford, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-east of Linton, its post town, and 8 miles north-east of Audley End railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Via Devana, near a branch of the river Cam. The inhabitants are wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £146, in the patronage of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient structure, with a square tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £2 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014