[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"SIX MILE BOTTOM is a hamlet, in the parishes of Little Wilbraham, Bottisham, Brinkley, Carlton, Swaffham Bulbeck, Westerley Waterless, and Weston Colville. It has a station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway. There is a congregational chapel, erected in 1881, with 80 sittings, and a reading room and library. There is also a recreation ground, pleasantly situated near the railway station and enclosed by a double row of trees : a cross of rough granite was erected in 1924 as a memorial to the men of this parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18. Swyntord Paddocks is the residence of Capt. Malcolm Bollock M.B.E., M.P."
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
The Census Records from 1841-1891 can be found in the Cambridgeshire Archives under ' Little Wilbraham' . In addition the 1851 Census for Ely, of which Six Mile Bottom is part, is available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list