[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"SOUTHEA WITH MURROW is an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1870 from the civil parishes of Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary, in the hundred, union, petty sessional division, county court district, rural deanery and archdeaconry of Wisbech and diocese Ely."
"MURROW is 6 miles south-west of Wisbech, and has a station on the London and North Eastern railway and one on the Midland and Great Northern joint railway.
The soil is clay and silt; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats, potatoes, beans, mustard, and fruit. The population in 1921 was 1,312."
"SOUTHEA comprises a great portion of the hamlet of Parson Drove, and is about 1 mile north from the Murrow railway stations."
"The church of Emmanuel, at Southea, erected in 1872, by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, is a structure of brick with stone facings in the Early English style, and consists of large apsidal chancel, nave, north aisle and a western turret containing one bell: in the church are four chandeliers, formerly in St. Paul's Cathedral. and presented to this church by the Dean and Chapter: there are 373 sittings. The register at Murrow dates from the year 1858, and that for Southea from the year 1873. The living of Southea-with-Murrow is a vicarage, net yearly value £552, with residence, and including 1 acre of glebe, in the gift of the Bishop of Ely, and held since 1924 by the Rev. James Percie Hutchons A.K.C
The chapel of Corpus Christi, at Murrow, erected in 1857, is a small structure of brick in the Earkly English style, and consists of small apsidal chancel, nave, south porch and a turret at the west end containing one bell: there are 100 sittings.
A chapel was founded at Murrow about the year 1370, but has long since been destroyed: the site is still known as "Chapel Hill." There is a Primitive Methodist chapel at Murrow, and Wesleyan and United Methodist chapels and Salvation Army barracks at Southea." [Kelly's Directory - 1929]