[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"STETCHWORTH, a parish in the hundred of RADFIELD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 2 miles (S. by W.) from Newmarket, containing 462 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £10. 12. 1 R. Eaton, Esq. was patron in 1809. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. An almshouse for two poor per- sons of each sex was founded here, in 1700, by Lord and Lady Gorges, who endowed it with £ 30 per am num."