[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"STETCHWORTH is a parish and village, 2 miles east from Dullingham station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway, and 3½ south-west from Newmarket, in the hundred of Radfield, union, petty sessional division and county court district of Newmarket, rural deanery of Cheveley and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
Stetchworth Park, which stands in a fine park of 40 acres, with a piece of ornamental water, is approached by an avenue of trees; the garden, covering about five acres, contains large and fine greenhouses and hothouses; it is the property and residence of the Earl of Ellesmere M.V.O., D.L., J.P. who is lord of the manor and principal landowner.
The soil is various; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 2,891 acres ; the population in 1921 was 659."