GENUKI Home page    Stow cum Quy Parish<br>main page Stow cum Quy
Parish
main page

STOW-CUM-QUY:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"STOW-CUM-QUY, a parish in the hundred of STAINE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (N. E.) from Cambridge, containing 378 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and- diocese of Ely, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a small endowed school. Jeremy Collier, the celebrated nonjuring divine, was born here in 1650; he died in 1730."

"QUY, a chapelry in the parish of STOW CUM QUY, hundred of STAINE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (E. by N.) from Cambridge. The population is returned with the parish."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014