[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"STOW-CUM-QUY is a parish, with a station 1 mile north from the centre of the village on the Cambridge and Mildenhall branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 5 miles east-north-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Staine, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The stream called 'Quy water' flows through the parish.
Quy Hall is the residence of Thomas Musgrave Francis esq. M.A., D.L., J.P. who is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is various. The chief crops are wheat, barley and roots. The area is 1,872 acres of land and 7 of water; the population in 1921 was 322."