Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"SWAFFHAM BULBECK is a parish, 2½ miles east from Bottisham and Lode station, and about the same distance from Swaffham Prior station, both on the Cambridge and Mildenhall branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 6½ miles west from Newmarket and 8 north-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Staine, Bottisham petty sessional division, Newmarket union and county court district, rural deanery of Fordham and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clay; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and turnips. The area is 4,092 acres of land and 18 of water; the population in 1921 was 639."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]