SWAFFHAM PRIOR ST. CYRIAC
"SWAFFHAM PRIOR ST. CYRIAC, a parish in the town of Swaffham Prior.
Swaffham Prior main page."
- The church of St. Cyriac and St. Julitta, Swaffham.
- "The church of St. Cyriac and St. Julitta is a plain embattled structure of debased
Gothic character, consisting of a small chancel, nave with three small and low transeptal
chapels, and an ancient 15th century tower, terminating in an embattled polygon lantern
and containing 6 bells: in 1878 a faculty was obtained for the demolition of the
church, which has however, been left standing up to the present time. The registers
date from the year 1559, there being separate registers for the two churches up to
the 17th century, when the benefices were united by Act of Parliament."
[Kellys Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
- Church of England
- Swaffham Prior St Cyriac and St Julitta:
Records of baptisms 1559-1657, marriages 1559-1661, burials 1559-1658 reside in
the Cambridgeshire Archives, after that period St. Mary is included for baptisms
1657-1951, marriages 1737-2000, burials 1737-1988 and banns 1754-1957. Indexed transcripts
exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1599-1662, marriages 1559-1661
and burials 1559-1658 after 1661the parishes of St. MAry and SS. Cyriac and Julitta
are combined in transcriptions; the transcripts of the parish registers for the years
1559-1852 are available, on microfiche, from the
Cambridgeshire Family History Society Bookstall. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1639, 1662-63, then including St. Mary, 1660-1861, can be found in the Cambridge University Library.
This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015