"TADLOW, a parish in the hundred of Armingford, county Cambridge, 8 miles north-west of Royston, and 13 south-west of Cambridge. The village is situated on the river Cam. The soil is of a clayey nature, with a subsoil of clay. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £120, in the patronage of Downing College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, contains some effigies bearing date 1496. The register dates from 1770. A Sunday-school is held at the church."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"The church of St. Giles, prettily situated a short distance off the high road from Biggleswade to Cambridge, is an ancient building in the Early English style, with modern Perpendicular insertions, and consists or chancel, nave, organ chamber, south porch and a plain western tower containing a clock and 3 bells: there are 160 sittings. The register dates from the year 1585, with an interval from 1617 to 1653." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Tadlow, St. Giles: Records of baptisms 1653-1996, marriages 1654-1990, burials 1654-1996 and banns for 1754-1811 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, indexed transcripts exist for the years baptisms 1599-1812, marriages 1599-1837 and burials 1599-1812 with photocopies of burails 1813-1900. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1681, 1694-1862 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Parish register transcripts of Tadlow St. Giles, 1599-1837, are available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list
"In the village is a mineral spring. The manor was anciently in the family of Fitzwarren, at a later period in that of St. George, and afterwards in that of Downing; it is now vested in Downing College, Cambridge, who are also the principal landowners." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
You can see pictures of Tadlow which are provided by:
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm), 1810-1928 and 1938-1948.