[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"TADLOW is a parish on the river Cam and on the borders of Bedfordsbire, 6 miles north from Ashwell station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 5 south from Potton station on the Bedford and Cambridge section of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, and 8 north-west from Royston, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Biggleswade, rural deanery of Shingay and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is stiff clay; subsoil, clay. The crops are chiefly wheat, barley, beans and oats. The area is 1,743 acres; the population in 1921 was 142 in the civil and 242 in the ecclesiastical parish."