"TADLOW, a parish in the hundred of Armingford, county Cambridge, 8 miles north-west of Royston, and 13 south-west of Cambridge. The village is situated on the river Cam. The soil is of a clayey nature, with a subsoil of clay. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £120, in the patronage of Downing College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, contains some effigies bearing date 1496. The register dates from 1770. A Sunday-school is held at the church."