"TEVERSHAM, a parish in the hundred of Fiendish, county Cambridge, 3½ miles east of Cambridge, its post town. The village is situated on the Cambridge and Newmarket road, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £352, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, or to All Saints, is an ancient edifice with a tower and bell. The register dates from 1593. The charities consist of the rent of lands bequeathed by Lady Joan Jermy, which now produce about £35 per annum,"