Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"THRIPLOW is a parish, 4 miles west from Whittlesford station on the main line of the London and North Eastern railway and 2½ from Harston station on the Hitchin and Cambridge branch of the same railway, 8 south from Cambridge and about 6 north-east from Royston, in the hundred of Thriplow, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is sandy and gravelly; the subsoil, gravel and chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 2,501 acres; the population in 1921 was 381."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]