Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"TOFT is a parish, 4½ miles north-by-east from Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, about 6½ south-west from Cambridge and about 10 north from Royston, in the hundred of Longstowe, petty sessional division of Caxton, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is heavy clay subsoil, granite and gault. The crops are wheat, barley and beans and a large amount of pasture. The area is 1,285 acres; the population in 1921 was 205 in the civil and 366 in the ecclesiastical parish.."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]