[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"TRUMPINGTON is a parish and village, pleasantly situated on the London and Cambridge road, on the east bank of the Cam, 2 miles south from Cambridge, in the hundred of Thriplow, Chesterton union, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese or Ely.
The soil is loamy and gravelly; the subsoil, gravel. The area is 1,815 acres; the population in 1921 was 820 in the civil and 1,203 in the ecclesiastical parish.
By Local Government Board's Cambridge (Extension) Order, 1911, an area of 495 acres of this parish was added to the borough of Cambridge April 1st, 1912."