[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WELCHES DAM, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, in the Isle of Ely, on the
Old Bedford river, 5 miles east from Chatteris, in the South Witchford hundred, North
Witchford union and petty sessional division and county court district of March.
The mission church of St. Eanswythe was erected in 1909, and is served by the vicar
of Manea. The soil is fen land; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans,
oats and roots. The area is 2,355 acres of land and 33 of water; the population in
1921 was 125."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
- Welches Dam Wesleyan Methodist: records of baptisms 1868-1912 are held at the
- Wesleyan Methodist Church:
Records exist at the Cambridgeshire Archives for the
Chatteris Wesleyan Circuit of which Welches Dam is part.
This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014