GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

WELCHES DAM

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

"WELCHES DAM, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, in the Isle of Ely, on the Old Bedford river, 5 miles east from Chatteris, in the South Witchford hundred, North Witchford union and petty sessional division and county court district of March. The mission church of St. Eanswythe was erected in 1909, and is served by the vicar of Manea. The soil is fen land; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans, oats and roots. The area is 2,355 acres of land and 33 of water; the population in 1921 was 125."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

Census

Church Records

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014