[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"WENDY, a parish in the hundred of Armingford, county Cambridge, 6 miles north-west of Royston, its post town and railway station, and 11 south-west of Cambridge. The village is situated near the river Rhea. It, is supplied with water by artesian wells. The soil is loamy. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value with Shingay annexed, £200. The school, founded and endowed by Thomas Windsor in 1828, was rebuilt in 1858. The parochial charities produce about £35 per annum.
See Wendy cum Shingay for more information"
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]