"WENTWORTH, (or Wingford), a parish in the hundred of South Witchford, and Isle of Ely, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Ely. The village is situated on the road to St. Ives. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £300, in the patronage of the dean, who is rector of the parish. The register dates from 1700. There is a school supported by the dean.