[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WEST WICKHAM is a parish and village, on the borders of Suffolk, 4 miles north-east from Bartlow station on the Cambridge and Melford branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 5 north-east from Linton, 10 north-east from Saffron Walden and 11 south from Newmarket, in the hundred of Chilford, union and petty sessional division of Linton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Camps, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is chalk and clay subsoil chalk. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley, beans and roots. The area is 2,931 acres; the population in 1921 was 354."