Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WESTLEY WATERLESS, is a very small parish and village, 2½ miles south from Dullingham station on the Cambridge and Newmarket section of the London and North Eastern railway and 5½ south-west from Newmarket, in the hundred of Radfield, Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county court district, and in the rural deanery of Cheveley and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed, chalk and clay; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,149 acres; the population in 1921 was 200."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]