Whaddon, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
WHADDON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WHADDON, a parish in the hundred of ARMINGFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (N.) from Royston, containing 318 inhabitants. The living, is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £7. 2. 3., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The river Cam runs through the parish."