Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WHADDON is a parish, lying near the Old North road, 2 miles west from Meldreth station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 4 north from Royston, in the hundred of Armingford, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union and county court district of Royston, rural deanery of Shingay an archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is chiefly gault and loam, and the subsoil gault, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans and barley. The area is 1,509 acres of land and 6 of water the population in 1921 was 226.
Whaddon was anciently Wadune or Phwaddune."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]