"The church of St. Andrew is a building of stone in the Perpendicular and Decorated
styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and fine embattled western
tower; with pinnacles and containing a clock and 6 bells: the church was restored
in 1872, under the direction of Mr. R. R. Rowe, architect, of Cambridge, and affords
400 sittings. The register dates from the year 1635. "
[Kelly's Directory - 1900]
Whittlesey St Andrew:
Records of baptisms 1653-91, 1813-1945, marriages 1659-95, 1815-1960, burials 1653-87,
1813-1937 and banns 1817-1919, 1931-69 (entries are with St Mary's for the years
1695-1815) reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the
years 1602-41, 1663-1700 (with St Mary's after 1700) can be found in the Cambridge
University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for
baptisms 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51 marriages 1602-43, 1659-1700, 1815-1851 and
burials 1602-43, 1653-1700, 1813-51. The indexed transcripts of the registers are
available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the
Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list. Microfilm copies of the Bishop's Transcripts reside
at the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1602-41, 1696-1700 further photocopies reside at Huntingdon Record Office
for baptisms 1653-95, burials 1653-87 and marriages 1659-95.
records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers
in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside
in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1935-1948.
This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010