[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"WICKEN, a parish in the hundred of STAPLOE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 7 miles (S. S. E.) from Ely, containing 752 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and diocese of Norwich, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Mrs. Rayner. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The Buckingham canal passes through the parish. At Spinney there was a priory founded by Sir Hugh de Malebisse, in the reign of Henry III., for three Augustine canons."