Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WICKEN is a parish and village, 4 miles south from Soham station on the Ely and Newmarket branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 9 north-west from Newmarket, in the hundred of Staploe, union and petty sessional division of Newmarket, county court district of Ely, rural deanery of Fordham, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is various subsoil, chiefly clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley and beans. The area is 3,934 acres of land and 31 of water; the population in 1921 was 667."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]