[Extracted from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]
"WILBURTON, a parish in the hundred of South Witchford. This village southernly situated, contains 2610 acres, and has a population of about 500 souls. The amount of assessed property is £3,310. The parish is named after Wilburtus, a Saxon, who was killed bv the Danes in 807. The living is a perpetual curacy in the deanery of Ely, but not in charge, and returned at 268 nett per annum. The archdeacon of Ely is patron, and the Rev. J. Fell, master of the grammar school, Huntingdon, is the incumbent."