"WILBURTON, a parish in the hundred of South Witchford, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge, 5 miles south-west of Ely, and 1½ mile from Haddenham. It is a station on the Ely, Haddenham, and Sutton branch of the Great Eastern railway. The village is surrounded by fens, now drained and in high cultivation. The soil is rich and fertile, varying from red sand to stiff clay on the upper ground. The manor belongs to Lady Pell, who has a seat here. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Ely, value £70, in the patronage of the archdeacon, to whom the parsonage-house anciently belonged, and at which Henry VII. and his son Prince Henry were entertained by the archdeacon when they visited the shrine of St. Etheldreda in 1505. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, contains two brasses, one canopied, bearing date 1477. The Baptists have a chapel. The charities produce about £30 per annum, chiefly arising from the town lands."