"WILLINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Papworth, county Cambridge, 10 miles north-west of Cambridge, 6 south-east of St. Ives, and 1 mile north of Longstanton railway station, near the river Ouse. A large proportion of the land is in dairy farms, and much of the cheese which takes its name from the neighbouring village of Cottenham is made here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £677, in the patronage of the crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary and All Saints. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans. The charities produce about £90 per annum, including the endowment of a charity school, founded in 1593, and of an almshouse for four widows, founded in 1616 by W. Smith."