GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

WIMBLINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1908]

"WIMBLINGTON (formerly a hamlet of Doddington) is now a parish on the road from Chatteris to March, with a station three quarters of a mile south on the Wisbech and St. Ives branch of the Great Eastern Railway and four miles south from March, in the Northern division of the county, hundred of North Witchford, Isle of Ely, union of North Witchford, petty sessional division and county court district of March, rural deanery of March and in the peculiar archidiaconal jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely."

"The soil is clay; subsoil, clay and rich fen-land. The chief crops are potatoes, wheat, oats and barley. The area is 7, 727 acres of land and 35 of water; the population in 1901 was 1, 135."

"STONEA, in the parish of Wimblington, has a station on the Great Eastern line from Ely to Peterborough."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1908]

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Directories

Military History

Schools

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014