[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WIMPOLE, a parish in the hundred of WETHERLEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S.E. by S.) from Caxton, containing 493 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £ 18, and in the patronage of the Earl of Hardwicke. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, contains various monuments to the Hardwicke family, among which is that to the memory of Lord Chancellor Hardwicke, who died in 1764, and was here interred. There is a charity school for thirty children."