Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"WIMPOLE is a parish, 3 miles south-east from Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, about 8 north-west from Royston and about 9 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Wetherley, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is stiff clay ; subsoil, clay and gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 2,456 acres of laud and 12 of water; the population in 1921 was 244."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]