[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WITCHAM, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of WITCHFORD, Isle of ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (W.) from Ely, containing 473 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. 11. Of., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."