[Extracted from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]
"WITCHAM, a parish in the hundred of South Witchford. This parish, lying between Witchford and Mepal, contains 2,800 acres ; population about 520. The vicarage is in the gift of the dean and chapter of Ely, and held by the Rev. R. W. Packer. The tithes were commuted in 1840, for rent charges: rectorial, £595.; vicarial £116., besides which there are 19 acres of globe land. The Wesleyans have a place of worship here."