"WITCHAM, a parish in the hundred of South Witchford, Isle of Ely, county Cambridge, 5,½ miles west of Ely, and 2 from Sutton. The village is situated on a height about three quarters of a mile from the high road from Ely to Chatteris. The parish includes Wolvey Hill and Holes. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £100, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church, dedicated to St. Martin, has an east window, stone pulpit, octagonal font, and double piscina. The register dates from 1663. There is a chapel for Wesleyans."