Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
[Extracted from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]
"WITCHFORD, a parish in the hundred of South Witchford. This parish contains 2,580 acres, and the population is about 580. The amount of assessed property is about 93,500. This village is three miles west of Ely. The living is a vicarage, exempt from visitation, in the deanery of Ely, returned at £142. nett per annum. The dean and chapter of Ely are the patrons, and the Rev. H. R. Rackham, the incumbent. There are two Methodists chapels in the place.""
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from A brief history of Ely and neighbouring villages in the Isle' by J.H. Clements 1868]