Built in 1838 as the district church for the township of Lower Walton and part of the township of Appleton (previously served by Daresbury: All Saints and Stretton: St. Matthew).
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
- 1879 December 5 — reduced when part of the township of Lower Walton was transferred to Walton: St. John the Evangelist.
- 1963 May 30 — (details not available).
- 1968 February 14 — (details not available).
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts