STOAK: St. Lawrence (Church of England)

Also known as "Stoke: St. Lawrence".

Church History

An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Great Stanney, Little Stanney and Stoke, and parts of the townships of Backford, Ince and Whitby.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

On 27 October 1971 the parish was abolished and its area transferred to Ellesmere Port: Christ Church.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1573-1925 ; M 1573-1993 ; B 1573-1889 — Cheshire Record Office (P 31)
C from 1925 ; M from 1993 ; B from 1890 — Church
Microfilm Copies C 1573-1925 ; M 1573-1979 ; B 1573-1889 — Cheshire Record Office ; Ellesmere Port Library
C 1573-1925 ; M 1573-1964 ; B 1573-1889 — Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies
Bishop's Transcripts 1607, 1610, 1613-15, 1618, 1619(?), 1621-24, 1626-27, 1630, 1632-34,1636-38, 1640-41, 1666, 1668-76, 1679-85, 1690-91, 1712-16, 1718-27,1730-37, 1739, 1741-1841, 1843-48 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and Indexes M 1637-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1837-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CW:CE42)
Monumental Inscriptions Transcript by T. E. Ward, 1976 — Cheshire Record Office ; Society of Genealogists' Library ; Ellesmere Port Library

  Explanatory Notes Index of Churches