BIRKENHEAD: Holy Trinity (Church of England)

Price Street.

Church History

Founded in 1841 as a district church for part of the township of Birkenhead (previously served by Birkenhead: St. Mary).

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

  • 1861 December 16 — reduced when part of the township of Birkenhead was transferred to Birkenhead: St. Anne.
  • 1868 August 4 — reduced when part of the township of Birkenhead was transferred to Birkenhead: St. Peter.
  • 1914 July 21 — reduced when part of the township of Birkenhead was transferred to Birkenhead: St. Matthew.

The church closed in 1974, and its area became part of a unified Birkenhead district based at Birkenhead: St. Anne.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1840-1974 ; M 1842-1974 — Cheshire Record Office (P 107)
Microfilm Copies C 1840-1962 ; M 1842-1962 — Cheshire Record Office ; Birkenhead Central Library
Copies and Indexes M 1842-1962 — Cheshire BMD (WR:BK2)
Notes B — none

  Explanatory Notes Index of Churches