CHESTER: St. Thomas of Canterbury (Church of England)

Parkgate Road.

Church History

Built in 1871 as a chapel to Chester: St. Oswald. In 1881 it became the district church for the part of St. Oswald's ancient parish lying outside the city walls, comprising the townships of Bache, Croughton, Iddinshall, Saighton, Wervin, and parts of Blacon cum Crabwall, Upton and the City of Chester (see Chester: St. Oswald for subsequent boundary changes).

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1872-1948 ; M 1877-1969 — Cheshire Record Office (P 29)
C from 1949 ; M from 1969 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1872-1945 ; M 1877-1969 — Cheshire Record Office
C 1872-1945 ; M 1877-1931 — Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1877-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CW:CE15)
NotesB — none

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches