BRAMHALL: St. Michael & All Angels (Church of England)

Robins Lane/St. Michael's Avenue

Church History

Built in 1890 as a chapel to Stockport: St. Thomas. In 1911 it became the district church for part of the township of Bramhall. The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saint Michael and All Angels, Bramhall" were described in the London Gazette on 24 January 1911:

"All that isolated part of the parish of Saint Thomas, in Stockport, in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester, which is bounded upon all sides as follows, namely, upon the north by the new parish of Saint George, Stockport, upon the north-east by the new parish of Saint Thomas, Norbury, upon the east and upon the south-east by the new parish of Saint George, Poynton, upon the south partly by the last-named new parish and partly by the new parish of Christ Church, Woodford, upon the south-west by the new parish of Saint Chad, Handforth, and upon the west by the new parish of All Saints, Cheadle Hulme, all in the said county and diocese."

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1891-1939 ; M 1903-1990 — Cheshire Record Office (P 313)
C from 1939 ; M from 1990 — Church
Microfilm Copies C 1891-1939 ; M 1903-1940— Cheshire Record Office
Copies and Indexes M 1903-2003 — Cheshire BMD (ST:ST63)
Notes B — none

  Explanatory Notes Index of Churches