Founded in 1846 as the district church for the township of Bredbury (previously served by Stockport: St. Mary the Virgin). The boundaries of "The District of Saint Mark, Bredbury" were described in the London Gazette on 8 September 1846:
"All that part of the parish of Stockport, in the county and diocese of Chester, comprised within the township of Bredbury."
The district was affected by the following boundary changes:
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts