BUGLAWTON: St. John the Evangelist (Church of England)

Church History

Built in 1840 as a chapel to Astbury: St. Mary. In 1841 it became the district church for the township of Buglawton and part of the parish of Eaton (previously served by Astbury: St. Mary).

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1840-1957 ; M 1841-1950 ; B 1839-1939 — Cheshire Record Office (P 141)
C from 1957 ; M from 1950 ; B from 1939 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1840-1957 ; M 1841-1950 ; B 1839-1939 — Cheshire Record Office
C 1840-1895 ; M 1841-1891 ; B 1839-1939 — Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Congleton Library
Bishop's Transcripts1841-1893 — recorded in the BTs of Astbury: St. Mary
1893-1894 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesC 1840-1849 ; B 1839-1849 (copy registers) — at Astbury: St. Mary
M 1841-1994 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1017)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches