BURWARDSLEY: St. John (Church of England)

School Lane

Church History

Built in 1735 as a chapel to Bunbury: St. Boniface. In 1767 it became the district church for the township of Burwardsley.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1818-1894 ; B 1822-1935 — Cheshire Record Office (P 110)
C from 1894 ; M from 1841 ; B from 1938 — Church
Microfilm Copies C 1818-1894 ; B 1822-1935 — Cheshire Record Office
Bishop's Transcripts 1818-47, 1851-55, 1877-84 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and Indexes C 1750-1811 ; M 1750-1759 (transcripts by J. Elsworth, 2 vols.) — Cheshire Record Office
M 1841-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CW:CE8)
Notes C 1738-1801, 1804-1812 ; M 1738-1759 — recorded at Bunbury: St. Boniface

  Explanatory Notes Index of Churches