CAPESTHORNE: Holy Trinity (Church of England)

Church History

A chapelry in Prestbury: St. Peter parish from 1722, serving the township of Capesthorne.

On 6 April 1846 the district was amalgamated with Siddington: All Saints to form the combined district of "Capesthorne with Siddington".

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1722-1995 ; M 1722-1812 ; B 1722-1989 — Cheshire Record Office (P 241)
C from 1995 ; B from 1989 — held at Capesthorne Hall
Microfilm CopiesC 1722-1995 ; M 1722-1812 ; B 1722-1989 — Cheshire Record Office
C 1722-1895 ; M 1722-1812 ; B 1722-1874 — Family History Society of Cheshire
Bishop's Transcripts1722-42, 1744-1846, 1849, 1853, 1855-63 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesM 1722-1747 — in: Cheshire Parish Registers: Marriages, vol. 5 (Phillimore, 1914)
M 1722-1747 — Boyd's Marriage Index - may be viewable on subscription sites such as ancestry and findmypast
M 1722-1747 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
B 1725-1989 — National Burial Index
B 1725-1989 — published by North Cheshire Family History Society

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches